From Masada World Wiki
- in Pope Gregory's listing, Orifiel is one of the 7 archangels.
- elsewhere he is cited a prince of the order of thrones
- in Cornelius Agrippa, The Third Book of Philosophy, an angel with dominion over the planet Saturn
- in Hebrew cabala, according to Eliphas Levi, Orifiel, like Saturn, is the angel of the wilderness
- in Waite, The Lemegeton, Orphiel (so spelt) is one of the 7 regents of the world and an angel of the 2nd hour of the day serving under Anael
- in Paracelsus' doctrine of Talismans, Orifiel is a chief Talisman and replaces one of the planetary genii of Egypt. Orifiel is also cited here as an angel of Saturday * in secular lore, Longfellow, The Golden Legend, gives Orfiel as the angel governing the planet Saturn, although, in the 1st edition of this work, the angel is given as Anachiel
- Orifiel appears as a character in Remy de Gourmont's play Lilith.
- in Cabell, The Devil's Own Dear Son, he is a "time-serving archangel"